Monday, January 26, 2015

Here I Am!

Hi!
Welcome to my blog!  Just to introduce myself, my name is Jess, I'm 24 years old, and I am a Mormon. If that turns you away from the blog, then don't worry I'm not offended. If you have stayed then that's great!

I'm not a very preachy person, so don't be alarmed, I'm not going to be preaching to you. If you ever have questions I am definitely open to those and will answer your questions the best I can. 
I will however, be blogging about life and since religion is a huge part of my life and who I am, I will be commenting on religion and religious aspects. But mostly I want to blog about life, my life as a young LDS adult in the world. 

If you don't know what LDS means we actually typically don't refer to ourselves as Mormon. Our church has the Book of Mormon but we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We go by LDS for short. 

Allow me to debunk some "Mormon myths" and set some things straight.
We are Christians and believe in God, and we still read the bible, we believe the Book of Mormon is an extension of the bible. 
We go to church on Sunday's, we don't worship Joseph Smith, our first modern day prophet, but we do respect him and listen to the inspiring words and wisdom of him and all our other prophets including our current one Thomas S. Monson, our current prophet and President of the church. 

And no, we don't practice polygamy. 

So yeah, that's a little bit about me and  as a wise blogger friend told me, "Just do your thing". So if you don't like my blog, then I'm not offended. You might be missing out though ( I can be pretty funny). 

Well happy Monday! 
-Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment